- Employee Handbook
- Workplace Posters
- Employee Complaint
- Workers' Compensation
- Agency Human Resources Contacts
- Personal Information Changes
Pay and Benefits
- Capitol Rideshare (Transit Subsidy, Travel Reduction Telework)
- Employee Assistance
- Employee Information Organizer - Important information in the event of your death while employed with the State
- Payroll Calendar
- State Holidays
- Tuition and Other Employee Discounts
- Deferred Compensation
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS)
- Elected Officials Retirement Plan (EORP)
- Corrections Officers Retirement System (CORP)
Employee Learning Portal
- Arizona Learning and Development Home
- Employee Mandatory Courses
- Supervisor Courses
- Courses By Category
- How to Take Courses
- Technical Support
- Job Openings
- Internal Job Openings (for current state of Arizona employees only)
- Other Employment Resources
- Learn about State Benefits
- Application for Employment (1 of 2)
- Application for Employment (2 of 2)
Other Employee Resources
- Arizona Management System (AMS)
- Vital Records - Birth or death certificates
- Voter Registration
- Retiring or Separating
Your Employee Services (YES)
Arizona Smart Save Retirement Plan Webinars
Deferred compensation can help you secure your financial future. Grab a cup of coffee or a bite to eat and join us for one of these informative webinars during the month of May to learn more about this important State benefit.
Click on each link to learn more and to register:
Women and Retirement
What kind of lifestyle do you want to enjoy?
Women face unique challenges as they prepare financially for retirement. Women may spend less time in the workforce, accumulate less in lifetime savings, live longer and invest more conservatively than men.
Please join us for this webinar presented by the Nationwide Retirement Institute
Wednesday, May 5th, 11:30 am- 12:30 pm
Arizona Smart Save Retirement Plan Webinar
Enroll in your employer’s 457(b) deferred compensation plan and get personalized guidance from knowledgeable Retirement Specialists for every stage of planning for retirement.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
11AM to Noon
Notice: COVID-19 Testing Available for State employees, dependents and retirees on the state health plan
Weekly appointments are available for COVID-19 saliva-based testing. The test is easy, painless and fast, and you will receive results in about 24 to 48 hours. Testing is available Tuesday through Thursday at the ADOA Capitol Mall site in Phoenix.
Find more information here.
Rollout of AZPerforms!
Good news, State of Arizona employees!
This year all Arizona State Personnel System agencies will begin adopting a new, improved performance management system called AZPerforms! This system will replace the Managing for Accountability and Performance (MAP) appraisal system that has been in place since 2013.
AZPerforms! offers many benefits for employees and managers alike. These include:
- A simple, intuitive, easy to use Web-based platform that is scalable to any agency’s size
- Managers will have more discretion in evaluating employee performance using a 5-point rating scale in 0.5 increments measuring Results and Behaviors aligned with the State’s Core Beliefs and Values
- A year-long performance management process tied to employee development and ongoing coaching with performance documentation
The statewide one-on-one coaching methodology that management uses to encourage and support employee development and continuous improvement is embedded in the AZPerforms! platform - another huge plus for employee career advancement.
Agencies will decide the timing of transitioning the new appraisal platform within the next 12-18 months and you can expect additional information from your HR teams, including training and instructions for completing the new, simplified appraisal forms.
Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Contribution Rate Increase for FY22
As of July 1, 2021, the total contribution rate of the ASRS Retirement Pension & Health Insurance Benefit for both the employer and the employee has increased slightly from 12.04% to12.22% for fiscal year 2022. Likewise, the Long Term Disability Income Plan has increased very slightly from .18% to .19% for both the employer and the employee for fiscal year 2022. This brings the combined total contribution rates to 12.41% for fiscal year 2022.
Contribution rates are actuarially determined and adjusted annually to ensure the plan remains fiscally sound and able to meet current and future obligations. For more information, please read the full article in this ASRS publication, or visit ASRS's website.
Expiration of EPSL and EFMLA on December 31, 2020
Earlier this year, the Federal government passed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), which is in effect through December 31, 2020. This law provides two types of paid leave for COVID-19 reasons: Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and Expanded Family Medical Leave (EFML).
With the end of the FFCRA on December 31, 2020, employees currently on EPSL or EFML will need to convert to another form of leave, since these leaves are no longer legally authorized or available. Employees who need leave for reasons related to COVID-19 on or after January 1, 2021 should work with their supervisors and Human Resources regarding which type of leave is appropriate for their situations.
Rapid COVID-19 Testing Available for State Employees, Dependents and Retirees on the State Health Plan
Rapid COVID-19 testing is available for State empoyees, dependents and retirees on the state health plan
Weekly appointments are available for Rapid COVID-19 saliva-based testing. The test is easy, painless and fast, and you will receive results in about 24 to 48 hours.
Testing is available Tuesday through Thursday at State of Arizona sites in Phoenix and Tucson.
Find more information here.
AZ State Jobs is Getting a Makeover
AZ State Jobs is Getting a Makeover
Go Live is November 12, 2020
Regardless of your role in the hiring process, with lots of new features and functionality, the new State Job Board has something to like for everyone.
- Apply using your mobile device
- Improved applicant portal
- Automated forms
- Online dashboards to check hiring status
- Receive automated email notifications as your application proceeds through the hiring process
Recruiters and Hiring Managers
- Enhanced window on the recruitment workflow
- Data analytics: Time to fill, jobs by status, jobs by recruiter, applications submitted, offers accepted/declined
Notice: Resumes on file in the current state Job Board will need to be uploaded again to the new Job Board after November 12.
The job board can be accessed at: https://azstatejobs.gov/home
AZ Smart Save Deferred Compensation Plan 2020 Virtual Benefit Fair - November 1 through November 30, 2020
Attend a 3D interactive event to help take advantage of the benefits of enrolling and planning for the financial future you want.
The virtual benefit fair runs from November 1 through November 30, 2020.
This year’s virtual experience makes it easy to meet virtually with your Retirement Specialists and learn from two educational workshops:
- Retirement Myths and Realities - Dispel myths concerning Social Security benefits, inflation, Medicare and related topics
- Approaching and Living in Retirement - Identify 10 things you can do to prepare for and live in retirement
Review and manage your account, or enroll if you haven’t already
Watch a short “Secret Strategy for Retirement Savings” video
Play the trivia game as often as you like; see how you rank against your peers by getting your name up on the Leader Board
Register for webinars that can help you make decisions about managing your money and planning for retirement