Appointments are available for Rapid COVID-19 saliva based testing. The test is easy, painless and fast, and you will receive results in about 24 to 48 hours. As part of our ongoing commitment to health and wellness, testing will be available for state employees weekly at State of Arizona sites in Phoenix and Tucson. Appointments will be updated in the portal every week, so check back often if you find appointments unavailable.
The drive-thru testing requires only a saliva sample, not a nasal swab, and takes only a few minutes in the privacy and safety of your car. You do not need a doctor’s note or have any symptoms to be tested, and testing is completely free.
Appointments are available every week,Tuesday-Thursday from 6-9am in Phoenix and Thursdays 6-9am in Tucson.
- In Phoenix, Arizona Department of Administration parking garage, 100 N. 15th Ave. Phoenix AZ, 85007.
- In Tucson, Arizona Department of Administration parking garage, 400 W. Congress St. Tucson, AZ 85701. Please enter the Tucson garage from the North entrance off of Alameda.
Registering for an appointment is easy. Please read these instructions carefully:
- Create an account at ADOACovid19test.site. This may be done from your cell phone or computer.
- Enter the agency code for the State of Arizona: fi2i4gmh
- Once you have created an account, and logged into the portal, click on “Appointments” to request an appointment time.
- Save your barcode on your phone or print it out. You will need to show it at the testing location.
- Bring your State of Arizona employee identification to the test site
To ensure a safe environment and successful testing results, please:
- Wear a protective face covering - either a cloth or surgical mask.
- 30 minutes before your appointment, rinse your mouth with plain water for 20-30 seconds and then spit the water out.
- Do not eat, drink (even water), smoke, vape, or chew gum for 30 minutes prior to your collection test sample.
- Tip: Hydration will help you accumulate saliva. Hydrate up to 30 minutes prior to your test.
Public Saliva Based Testing Sites:
Currently, dependents are not able to be tested through the state employee testing sites. However, there are public drive through sites available for the same saliva based COVID-19 testing that are open to anyone from the public. There are locations in the Phoenix, East Valley, West Valley and Tucson areas. The public tests are by appointment only. Children under 8 years old cannot receive saliva tests.
Saliva testing sites are being added weekly in Phoenix and Tucson. Visit this website for more information: https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-saliva-testing.
Thank you for participating in testing so we can continue to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for employees and the citizens we serve.