The State of Arizona uses "The Work Number" to provide automated employment and income verification for our employees.
Before you can access employment or income verification information, you must register with "The Work Number" at 1-800-996-7566. Registration is a one-time process and takes approximately five minutes.*
Once you have registered, you have two options to get employment and/or income verification information instantly.
- Commercial Company Verifiers
- Social Service Agencies (public sector organizations offering social service benefit programs)
To Obtain Proof of Employment or Income Verification
- Contact "The Work Number" by using one of the above options.
- Follow the prompted instructions.
- Provide the following information:
- The State of Arizona Employer Code: 10553
- Employee’s Social Security Number provided by the employee.
* After contacting "The Work Number," if you feel there is insufficient value in their online access service, you may contact the State of Arizona directly at 602.542.5482 for employment and salary verification.